Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Thoughts .... Take 1

Lied Library
After reading the article I am glad the Lied Library at UNLV set such a precedent and trend with other university libraries as well as public libraries. Since computer technology is constantly advancing, Lied Library started with the best technology available and set a goal of 3 year replacement plan. To me, the 3 year plan seems a little bit lofty the way the economy has turned and as schools begin to cut programs in all areas, 3 years will turn to 4 and so on. Does anyone know if Hillman copied their renovations after this? Most of the things mentioned in the article I have seen there, especially the laptop borrowing system.

Info and IT Literacy
Since the world is quickly becoming more closely connected with ever new social news, media, or networking site that pops up, information literacy is quickly becoming a necessity. All of the applications on facebook, twitter, the blogosphere, or even for the new smart phones, people are quickly having to catch up with all of the new tech and trends out.

Info Trends
A good follow up article to the Infro and IT Literacy one. This just shows the trends toward the digital age. A couple members of my family have worked for the USPS and I have heard how much less mail is being sent as opposed to email and other electronic messages. It almost seems as if the post office is quickly moving toward the private sector rather government run. Everyone is sending emails rather than mail for the instant connection rather than waiting the day or two to correspond.

Muddiest Point.... take 1
So I am going to take the easiest way out on the first Muddiest Point of the season. As we were leaving class the other day, Muddy points were the hot topic. There was a girl going down the steps behind me that said "What if there are no muddy points? Am I supposed to act stupid and just say something is muddy to look dumber?" Kudos to you Girl on Stairs. I agree I am sure there will be somethings that some people get and others don't and something that I more than likely do not get. But do we just propose something to fill this space? Discuss.... GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment